Administrative Assistant Volunteer Application
Apply to be a Volunteer Administrative Assistant
STEP 1 of 2: Review Job Description
Our Administrative Services Coordinator is looking for administrative assistant volunteers to help with the following:
- Assisting with assorted office tasks such as: photocopying, mail, stuffing packages, filing
- Data entry
- Answering the telephone
- Due to the sensitivity and nature of the Crisis Centre, a Criminal Record Check or CRC is required
- Depending on your municipality you may have to pay for the CRC. We will reimburse you after 100 volunteer hours (*Receipts MUST be provided to receive reimbursement)
- Prior experience volunteering/working in an office environment is mandatory
- Resume and 3 professional references are required
- Minimum commitment 4 hours per week
- Agree to sign a confidentiality agreement
- Volunteers are greatly appreciated! After 100 hours, letters of reference can be given if required
- Free coffee / tea provided on site
- Great work experience
- Meet new people and contribute to your Community
- Free / Subsidized Rates on Professional Development training (including safeTALK, ASIST, Mindfulness Self Care, Skillfully Responding to People in Distress, and suicide to HOPE)
Time and Day: All shifts must fall between 9:30am-4:00pm Monday – Friday. No evening or weekend shifts are available.
Work Location: 763 E. Broadway, Vancouver, BC – Reports to Tamara Guyon, Administrative Services Coordinator
You are invited to apply – if a position becomes available we will be in touch with you to conduct an interview. Thank you for your interest!
If You Agree To The Above Requirements
STEP 2 of 2: Complete An Application Form
Note: The system does not permit you to bookmark your application form, in other words, you cannot save your application to complete it later. As such, we recommend that you have 3 professional references arranged before beginning the application process.