Host a Fundraiser
You have decided to host an event that benefits the Crisis Centre of BC. Thank you! Third party events and peer-to-peer fundraising allows you to build and personalize your own fundraising campaigns and activities.
Use your imagination and energy to put on your own event. Fundraising is a great way to make a gift to the Crisis Centre and educate people at the same time. Successful past events have included charity skate, art auctions, and comedy nights. By hosting a fundraising event, you can help the Crisis Centre meet the needs of thousands of people.
Here are some third party fundraising event idea:
- Host a wine-and-cheese and ask people to donate to the Crisis Centre in lieu of bringing a gift
- Get a group of friends together to have a car wash and donate the funds raised to the Crisis Centre
- Host a dinner party and deliver a short presentation on why you support the Crisis Centre and ask guests to become a donor
- Get out your musical instruments or tune up your vocal cords by hosting a concert
- Pick out all the latest trends by putting on a fashion show
- Sell your products and giving a donation of the proceeds to the Crisis Centre
- Celebrate your anniversary, birthday, or other special occasion by asking friends to donate to the Crisis Centre instead of bringing a gift
- Collect donations as part of your community, religious or sports group
CanadaHelps has created a simple tip sheet for making your fundraising efforts a success.
Organizing a successful event can take some work and planning depending on the size. Have some friends or colleagues help you out (or create a small committee in the workplace). Recruit folks with different skills and experience who can help you.
Schedule your event for a day that gives you enough time to plan, invite folks and promote it. Make sure it’s not competing with another event happening in your community or circle of friends and colleagues, and don’t forget about holidays that occur throughout the year.
Booking your event in an accessible location is crucial. Make sure your site has all the amenities you need, at a price you can afford if you are renting a space. If you are planning an outdoor event always have a Plan B in case weather doesn’t cooperate.
To get started, please download our Third Party Form and Guidelines. Complete the form as best as possible and send it to us. After we receive your form, we will contact you to see how we can help you make it a success!
You can easily create an online Giving Page through CanadaHelps and collect donations online for the Crisis Centre!