Get Involved and Make a Difference
Volunteering at the Crisis Centre is a great way to give back to the local community. As part of the largest volunteer movement in suicide prevention in Vancouver, you will be gaining valuable administrative skills and will be supporting a worthy cause at the same time.
Each year the Crisis Centre provides individual crisis and distress intervention services and delivers suicide intervention and prevention training programs, engaging with a wide variety of audiences. All of this is not possible without support from administration.
Please have a look at the Job Description below and fill in the application form in step 2 if you are interested in volunteering in administration. Once you have applied to volunteer, we will match your interest, availability and skillset with any available positions.
Apply to be a Volunteer Administrative Assistant
STEP 1 of 2: Review Job Description, Requirements, Benefits and all other notes below
Our Manager, Administration is looking for administrative assistant volunteers to help with the following:
- Updating documents and spreadsheets online using Google Drive
- Data entry online using Google Drive
- Helping with various projects such as research, looking up contact info, and other tasks
- Occasional office support at the Crisis Centre including: mail outs, filing, cleaning up, shredding and organizing
- Due to the sensitivity and nature of the Crisis Centre, a Criminal Record Check (CRC) is required
- Prior experience volunteering/working in an office environment is preferred
- Must be familiar with using Google platform including Google Spreadsheets and Google Docs
- Must be familiar and comfortable using a computer
- Resume and 3 professional references are required
- Minimum commitment 4 hours per week
- Sign a volunteer agreement
- Volunteers are greatly appreciated! After 100 hours, letters of reference can be given upon request
- Great work experience
- Contribute to your community in a meaningful, positive, and helpful way
- Free / subsidized cost offered on Professional Development training
Time and Day: Online support can occur anytime and shifts at the Crisis Centre must fall within business hours Monday – Friday.
Work Location: Looking for online support and occasionally office support at 763 E. Broadway, Vancouver, BC – Reports to Tamara Guyon (Manager, Administration)
Important Note: All staff and volunteers must undergo a Vulnerable Sector Criminal Record Check. This is organized upon acceptance.
Volunteer Vacancies: You are invited to apply – if a position becomes available, we will be in touch with you to conduct an online interview. Thank you for your interest!
STEP 2 of 2: Complete An Application Form
Note: The system does not permit you to bookmark your application form, in other words, you cannot save your application to complete it later. As such, we recommend that you have 3 professional references arranged before beginning the application process.