Get Involved and Make a Difference
Volunteering at the Crisis Centre is a great way to give back to the local community. You will meet new people, gain valuable skills, experiences and opportunities while supporting a worthy cause.
Each year the Crisis Centre delivers education and training programs, engages with a wide variety of audiences, and provides crisis and distress intervention services. All of this is not possible without support from administration.
So use your skills and help prevent suicide. Get involved and make a difference in the life of someone in crisis and help build a mentally healthy community. Join the largest volunteer movement in suicide prevention in Vancouver. Enrich your life with a rewarding experience.
Once you have applied to volunteer, we will match your interest, availability and skillset with available positions.
Apply to be a Volunteer Administrative Assistant
STEP 1 of 2: Review Job Description
Our Office Manager is looking for administrative assistant volunteers to help with the following:
- Updating documents and spreadsheets online using Google Drive
- Data entry online using Google Drive
- Helping with various projects
- Occasional office support at the Crisis Centre including: filing, clean up and organizing
- Due to the sensitivity and nature of the Crisis Centre, a Criminal Record Check or CRC is required
- Prior experience volunteering/working in an office environment is mandatory
- Must be familiar with using Google platform including google sheets and docs
- Must be familiar and comfortable using a computer
- Resume and 3 professional references are required
- Minimum commitment 4 hours per week
- Sign a volunteer agreement
- Volunteers are greatly appreciated! After 100 hours, letters of reference can be given if required
- Great work experience
- Contribute to your community in a meaningful, positive, and helpful way
- Free / Subsidized Rates on Professional Development training
Time and Day: Online support can occur anytime and shifts at the Crisis Centre must fall between 9:30am-4:00pm Monday – Friday.
Work Location: Looking for online support and occasionally office support at 763 E. Broadway, Vancouver, BC – Reports to Tamara Guyon, Office Manager
Important Note: All staff and volunteers must undergo a Vulnerable Sector Criminal Record Check.
This is organized by the Office Manager upon starting.
You are invited to apply – if a position becomes available we will be in touch with you to conduct an interview. Thank you for your interest!
If You Agree To The Above Requirements
STEP 2 of 2: Complete An Application Form
Note: The system does not permit you to bookmark your application form, in other words, you cannot save your application to complete it later. As such, we recommend that you have 3 professional references arranged before beginning the application process.